Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building some kitchen cabinets for my wife and the pictures below are how she wants me to finish them. I can do something like this with an airbrush (I custom paint automotive), I have seen layering with stain,... but is there a different way to accomplish this with color?

Thanks for your help.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
ok, I appreciate the help......sounds kinda like when I woodgrain on metal.....couple of different ways to do it, but yea, on metal you can drag a dry brush with dark grain color then airbrush knots after you have sprayed a root beer (wood color) good wood grain effect. Sounds like I need to incorporate some of custom paint techniques to this......just wasn't sure about doing it on wood.

when you say high build primer do you mean like a gray automotive laquer high build primer?

Thank ya'll for your help...can't wait to try this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.