Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks -

New to this forum - I am a custom cabinet and furniture builder located in Gig Harbor, WA.

Have a small shop with all the basic machinery to produce upper end stuff.

Have moisture in my compressed air system and am looking at units to eliminate this problem. (water on finish - bubbles)-

I have a water seperator on my system but it doesn't appear to be enough. Am currently looking at desiccant systems and have e-mailed Devilbiss for recommendations.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The solution is to cool the air before it gets to the trap.
Most painters run pipe or even a coiled copper tube in a bucket
full of ice water before the trap.
Most compressors have the trap to close to them so the heated air
takes the moisture right past them.:smile:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys -

I believe the 1st solution I wil try is to run the air supply from the compressor up to the ceiling and place a "U" in the line. I have an extra water seperator that I can place in the bottom of the "U". This possible solution will work better in my shop. Place a hose reel on the ceiling and then I won't have to trip over the dang line.

Thanks again - Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Folks-

Just a follow-up -

Ran black pipe up to the ceiling joists, (5 feet) across the top of the joists, (10 feet) put a "U" with an extra water seperator filter in the bottom of the "U" and attached a recoiling air hose. :smile:

Works - no moisture today and it was in the mid 80s, (hot for here). I also drain the tank and both filters every evening and flush the filters a couple of times a day.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts