Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Old Fisherman
305 Posts
None of them looked to be in great shape. The Hitachi looked like it had a good fence system but the table looked like it had some bad rust issues. The CM looked like it might be ok but a new fence system for it will cost more that $50 or $60. I would hold out for some better pickings. Might want to check ebay too... sometimes you can find "local" stuff on there that isn't listed on CL.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Of those 3, the Hitachi looks like the best bet to me. The table surface will need to TLC, but it should clean up...it's priced appropriately IMO.

This Cman could be a good deal too if it's belt drive....has an upgraded fence.

The asking price is $300, but they might meet you part way on this Jet.

·
Registered
26,880 Posts
I'm sure any of them would work however there is a problem getting any parts for any Delta equipment so you might keep that in mind. For over a year the parts division has been pretty much shut down. Personally I would be inclined to go with the craftsman. I had a different model I used hard for 28 years before I wore it out. I just don't have any experience with Hitachi to make a comment.

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
I like that the Craftsman is missing the fence. Its something your gonna want to upgrade anyhow but the fact that its missing can be a bargaining point. If its a belt drive saw and you can get it for $125 or less, Id jump on it. Put a Delta T2 fence system on it and you have one heck of a saw for $300 or so. Theres a ton of parts still available for those old saws on the bay too so if you wanted to go original on the fence, thats also a possibillity. I have two of those fences laying out in my garage.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I am picking up the craftsman with an upgraded fence with a few extra blades thrown in for 140. I tried to get the Jet, but it was sold. That looked like a pretty nice saw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts