Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
First time posting and registering.I am searching for plans/pics to make my 6yr old a pirate bed...Any help appreciated :thumbsup:

THANKS

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
Welcome zach. We aren't poking fun at you we are all just a bunch of goofs. Me especially.

A pirate bed is a cool ideer. You could could build a treasure chest to go with it at the foot of the bed.

monkey you get 30 lashes for crackin a bad joke and toms you have to walk the plank fer laughin at it. :pirate: :laughing:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'll accept the lashes. It was so dumb I hesitated to even type it in.

I think a treasure chest at the end is a great idea. Make it a large one for a toy chest if you can make the lid light enough for your child to safely work.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You might be able to take that last one and rotate it a bit and then use the length of the mattress to establish scale. That would enable you to come pretty close to some measurements and a pattern. If you would like to experiment with that one I'll help you out.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you like one of them that shows things pretty good use the image to establish a scale. Then measure everything else and apply the scale. That will get you within spitting distance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I accept the plank! Is it Oak? Ha ha! Those are some really nice beds. You should be able to get some good ideas from those pictures. As a kid I always loved Pirates, and related stuff. The treasure chest at the foot of the bed is also a great idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts