Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28,388 Posts
It's difficult to tell from the pictures since they have a yellow cast to them. The first picture may be alder or maple. The forth picture looks like Phillipine mahogany otherwise know as luan. The curved board and the one with the yellow end on it in the truck also looks like a mahogany

·
Registered
303 Posts
The first picture and the big pieces in the truck look like cherry to me. The 4th picture could be mahogany because of the straight grain, but it could be cherry, also. The round piece on top of the pile in the truck looks like oak. The 2 pieces at the bottom of the pile in the truck look like maple. I'd say you have a mixed bag. No matter what, those are some nice pieces of wood. All kinds of fun projects can be made from them. If you have room to store them, I'd say you have found a gold mine.

·
Old School
24,017 Posts

We have an introduction section where you can say a few words about yourself. If you fill out your profile in your "User Control Panel", you can list any hobbies, experience or other facts. You can also list your general geographical location which would be a help in answering some questions.

Hard to tell from the pictures, some of the coloring seems off. If you could clean them off in an order and stand them up outside for a better view.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Looks like whoever used that lumber was doing tables/counters? I'd go with what they said.
Whereabouts in Texas are ya?

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
I'm up in the DFW area.
If you edit your profile for your location it will show under your username for future posts. If not, it's hard to remember locations that were mentioned in past posts. While you're editing, add some background, experience, and interests.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.