Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm helping my wife clear out a shop on a property she has listed. Found this old saw. Couldn't find any markings on it. Any idea what it is and if its of any value? I'd hate to throw away an unique saw someone might want to save.

Attachments

·
Dumbest Smart Person
434 Posts
Couldn't tell ya what the value is, but it's for cutting metal. The speed reduction pulleys and fine teeth on the blade tell me that much. Plus, the clamp looks similar to modern metal-cutting horizontal band saws.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Definitley a power hacksaw. Looks to be home made, product of a machinist/welder therefore no markings. I don't see a lot of value in it. The motor may fetch a few bucks if it runs.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Looks kind of homemade. The ones I've seen have a mechanism to lift the blade a bit on the return stroke; I don't see that on there. Probably done manually by the operator with the long lever sticking out up to the left. Cool old machine though.

Try it out & post up a video!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Agree on being homemade. Pretty cool. There have been times I wished I had one. A lot of thought went into its construction. Find yourself a hunk of angle iron or pipe and take a video of you cutting it in half.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts