Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I live down near New Albany. Not much for a woodworking group down here so I thought I might reach out to the north a bit. I have been out of wood working for a few years and am now getting back in. I have new tools I have purchased and some old stuff to get rid of. Looking forward to see if there has been many changes in the art.

thanks much,

Lee

·
Super Moderator
4,100 Posts
welcome to the forum, Lee !! it is nice to see members here from all over the world.
way back in a former life, I was on a US Navy ship that visited Norway several times.
I met the love of my life there in Bergen - and if we had not have lost touch with my moves,
we would probably have gotten married and had a dozen kids LOL LOL.
Bergen is probably the most beautiful place I have ever been to. the winters aren't too friendly.
but I loved all of the visits.
and yes, woodworking is an "art" and it changes regularly. especially the adhesives and finishes.
looking forward to seeing some of your projects.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Welcome @hyperionfall , which New Albany? I'm in the Columbus (another confusing city name) Indiana area.

@John Smith_inFL the flag shown for a person, is that from a person's IP, regardless of whether or not they put a location in their info? Where a person is and the country listed for their IP often don't match.

·
Super Moderator
4,100 Posts
yes, the IP dictates the flag for the country on the profile when first registered (in most cases).
like we show the US flag, or Canada or UK - it is pretty much the default.
but - I think you can go back and change it manually if you want.
in this case, there is a New Albany, Norway that is near Bergen (where I visited).
Norway is a beautiful country if anyone ever gets to visit there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts