Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Member Grandpa
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a note of introduction. I have been scrollsawing for around 15 years though only got a good saw a couple of years ago. I enjoy seeing what I can create out of interesting pieces of wood and doing more intricate cuts. Currently working mostly in Ash of 1/2 to 3/4 thick so lots of broken blades. I was looking for some new patters when I stumbled onto your site. Hello all.

·
Senior Member Grandpa
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not Dr. just dr however I am an EMT-Fiefighter if that counts. Also an Electronics Tech, Farmer and anything else that has to be done around home.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi drcollins804. I am also new to this site. What kind of scrollsaw did you get? I got into scrollsaw aboute 10 or 15 years ago and loved it. But after 5 to 6 years of craft shows and scroll sawing for ever I got burntout. But it is still a hobby that i like.My scroling was done on 1/4 inch oak, and pretty much all fret work. I found that using 2 way tape to put three boards together made production much faster. Take care Saw dust

·
Senior Member Grandpa
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to a Dewalt 788VS when I upgraded a couple of years ago. My wife and I do one craft show each year. I don't have enough free time to make enough to do many more shows than that so I also keeps it from becoming a chore. When working in 1/4 stock I also like to stack 2 or 3 layers to speed up the process. I viewed a Hegner at a show about 6-7 years ago and had been looking for something with a quick attach for the pinless blades. I had considered a RBI but it was still out of my financial range and when I was shown the Dewalt by the guy at Woodcrafters a couple of years ago I decided to try it. I have only had one small part to fail and it is probably my fault as I work in hard woods and tighten the blade screw tightly and I have pretty stout fingers so it eventually stripped the aluminum bracket. only $5-6 to fix so still not a major problem. I just enjoy seeing what I can create. I have a few of my projects posted in the gallery if you are interested. Happy Scrolling

1 - 5 of 5 Posts