Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks for looking at my inquiry.

I'm looking for what I would describe as "end-mounted lift handles", I can't seem to find them.

Do they have a specific name?

Example:
Bicycle part Bumper Composite material Nickel Gas

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks again.

Greg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Tom-G.

Best wishes,

Greg
Thank you Tom-G.

Best wishes,

Greg
Still not finding it.

Looking for fixed upward positioned handles that fasten from the outside, in-other-words, not like a Drawer Pull.

I want to attach these handles to a block of walnut approx. 20" x 4" x 2" to make a Salt & Pepper Mill & Shaker tray/pedestal.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
561 Posts
dumb question - did you check the vendor's website?

(and it its from China, don't hold your breath, we could not get a replacement latch piece for our fancy privacy tent; so I made a work-around for it)

·
Super Moderator
Retired Craftsman
4,664 Posts
no - you mentioned Pot Roast Pans only - which is very okay.
my first answer was "Tray Handle Images" which I added "Serving" after I did some more looking.
I went to the O/Ps source of his sample photo and they do not sell the handles - just the hardware.
which reminded me of serving tray handles.

·
Registered
561 Posts
nice find, Tom-G

Reactions: Tom-G

·
Jack of too many trades..
355 Posts
check "VanDykes Restorers" - massive catalog of furniture parts and hardware.

Lee Valley also has a significant collection of hardware.

I shared my curated list of hardware suppliers a couple months back. I've pasted it below for your reference. The first four are more likely to have the sort of handle you;re looking for.

---------------
I also know some good sources of hardware that I'm happy to share. I especially recommend the last one.

VanDyke's Restorers. They are a bit pricey, but have a good selection for all aspects of furniture and woodworking. Home Restoration & Improvement Store | Van ****'s
House of Antique Hardware - nice selection of things like transom operators and long-throw parliament hinges for casement windows. Antique Hardware | Vintage Restoration Hardware | House of Antique Hardware
Look In the Attic - best prices for Jadite glass knobs that I've found. Antique Hardware | Vintage Restoration Hardware | LookInTheAttic
Signature Hardware - less useful, but they have some interesting and unique stuff - including farmhouse sinks and push plates. Bathroom, Kitchen, Home Decor, Lighting & More
Vintage Hardware - never ordered from them and they are bit more victorian - still some nice stuff Vintage Hardware & Lighting - Home of Antique Hardware and Historic Lights
Historic Houseparts - lots of vintage and actual antique stuff - Category
Hardware Source - not necessarily vintage or antique, but somewhat exhaustive Hinges and Hardware Suppliers | HardwareSource
Roseland Icebox Company - IceBox hardware if you need it. Roseland Icebox Company - Authentic Electric Wooden Refrigerators
Horton Brasses - that link is to bin pulls, but they have lots of stuff. Brass Bin Pulls | Antique Kitchen Cabinet Hardware
National Hardware - this is the company that supplies most hardware stores, but you can see what antique-style stuff they make and sell, even if your local hardware store doesn't have it in stock. National Hardware
Whitechapel Ltd. - don't know much about them, but a wide selection. Browse Hardware
Rockler - surprisingly they have a good selection of hardware Woodworking Tools, Hardware, DIY Project Supplies & Plans - Rockler
Lee Valley - better for woodworking hand tools, they do sell a selection of hardware. https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware
Craftsman Home Connection - I've never ordered from them, but they might have what you need, or don;t know you need just yet. Craftsman decor, modern craftsman decor, craftsman style

...and my absolute favorite is Killian's Hardware in Pennsylvania. Very primitive website, but the selection and options are amazing. I've dropped a lot of money with them over the years. The hardware for my swinging kitchen door came from them as did all of my storm window hangers, zinc weatherstripping, and most of my window hardware. Kilian Hardware

I omitted Rejuvenation Lighting as they mostly sell to the non-restoring customers these days. They used to have an amazing (if not expensive) selection of reproduction switches, hinges, hangers, pulls, and mostly light fixtures. Since Williams-Sonoma bought them and pottery barn, it's pretty boring and mostly mid-century lighting.

·
Super Moderator
Retired Craftsman
4,664 Posts
Greg - be sure to come back with some photos after you get your project completed.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts