Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I live in Central Wisconsin, married, 1 child (20 years old) I worked in retail (grocery stores) for 20 years, and got burned out on it, working weekends, holidays, odd hours, etc. I always loved woodworking, have a shop in the basement, made lots of small stuff that we sold at craft shows. At my wife's (Cathy) family reunion one year, I was talking with Cathy's cousins husband, his name is Paul. He knew I liked woodworking and offered me a job working for him building stairs. After a 12 pack or so, it was a done deal! That was 7 years ago, and I still can't wait to go to work in the morning, I enjoy my job that much. Making a stair like this, well it's as easy as eating lettuce.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone. I live in Central Wisconsin, married, 1 child (20 years old) I worked in retail (grocery stores) for 20 years, and got burned out on it, working weekends, holidays, odd hours, etc. I always loved woodworking, have a shop in the basement, made lots of small stuff that we sold at craft shows. At my wife's (Cathy) family reunion one year, I was talking with Cathy's cousins husband, his name is Paul. He knew I liked woodworking and offered me a job working for him building stairs. After a 12 pack or so, it was a done deal! That was 7 years ago, and I still can't wait to go to work in the morning, I enjoy my job that much. Making a stair like this, well it's as easy as eating lettuce.
Wisconsin yes!!!! :thumbsup: I used to live there. Great place!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Weclome to the forum Kenny, I grew up near Lake Geneva WI. Been in So Cal for the past 20 yrs. I don't miss the cold but do miss the lakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts