Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been doing various projects around the house that involve wood for a long time. None of them very fancy or refined... mostly just to address a particular need.
I've always thought about taking woodworking to the next level, and about a year ago I started down the path of fine woodworking enlightenment (long path :) )
I've actually been participating on another woodworking discussion board, and there are some great people there, but it is a small group, so I am hoping there is more activity here. If there are folks here from that site, they might recognize some of my work that I will post... I am using a different name, but I'm not hiding :)

Anyway - my shop is far from complete. I have a decent table saw, but no band saw, planer, jointer, etc. Makes my selection of wood tough cuz everything is friggen warped out there (I know, it can all be done by hand, but I'm a power tool guy).
I've got a router table, couple of routers, couple dovetail jigs, tenoning jig, mortiser, miter saw, etc, etc
I am still totally learning about everything I do... from using the table saw effectivly, to proper glue up procedures, to finishing techniques. Seems like everything I take on presents a challenge that I must overcome... its all good, I learn something everyday I am in the shop

Well, I suppose that is about it. I'll post a few pictures in the proper section of some of the few things I have done. For now, here is a shot of my work area after making a big mess.....

Attachments

·
Senior Member KE4TQP
570 Posts
I'm new here to. You'll find a bunch of great guys and a lady or three here. I'm trying to soak up all the info I can here. That is a tall order for me. Enjoy it here...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts