Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name's Mike. I'm a Mechanical Engineer from California. A little background: I've always enjoyed woodworking and building/tearing things apart. My dad had a small shop at the house so I learned a little bit from him, but not too much. Through college and up until recently, I've never had space for a shop or even basic tools. My wife and I share a garage with a neighbor, so it's a small workshop on any scale, but I finally have something I can work with.

So far, I've built a few sawhorses, my workbench, my miter saw bench, a headboard, a stand for my gas BBQ, and a few other little things. I'm working on a coffee table right now and I'll have pictures of that soon as well. I think I enjoy building furniture. I don't have a whole lot of interest in carving (at least yet).

I've already learned quite a bit from the few days I've been around here. I don't know how much I'll be able to contribute, but hopefully in a few months/years I will. Thanks for the help this far and I'm glad to be here.

Here's my workbench. This is an old picture. I'm not using a desk lamp anymore (although, what I'm using isn't much better...)
Workbench.jpg

Here's the miter saw bench. The leaves on the side open up and are level with the workbench which is handy for longer pieces.
Miter Bench.jpg

I don't have a good picture of the entire shop, so that will come soon

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome, guys. I'm sure you'll be seeing questions and project pictures very soon.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Hey Mike welcome and fire away with your questions. There is always somebody here willing to help and offer advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts