Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there folks ,
just signed up,looks excellent !! it will probably take me a while to find my feet but im sure i will!!:laughing:
dont forget if a jobs worth doing, its worth doing right !!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Great to have you here... how did you find us?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi Nathan,
my kid brother found the diy chatroom while surfing for information on a job he was doing and sent me the link,
i signed up and then was sent a link with an invitation to woodworkingtalk.com
i jumped at the chance to sign up !!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey big dave,
yea picts to follow. just had a look at your website,
some mighty fine pieces my friend, i especially like your floors, i lay alot of floors over here but most of them are brand new timber or engineered.
the rustic stuff looks fantastic and would probably go down well in northern ireland.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Welcome Garyni,

Great to have you here....we spent a couple of weeks in Ireland 2 years ago. Had a great time...especially liked the coastal area of N. Ireland....oh..and the Guinness tour...:drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Greetings guys - I'm just getting hooked in from the old full vigor forestry page. I wish I could say I'm a woodworking expert but that would be FAR from the truth. Actually, I'm just getting a figured wood business off the ground. I've been a logger for over 10 years and running a sawmill since 2002. I love making nice grade hardwood lumber, pity I have no skills to make anything...

I just built my own lumber drying kiln to run off my outdoor stove, hope to have the first batch of lumber going in about a month. I'm picking up a planer, table saw and chop saw to get my inventory started. I'm going to try some projects (thank God I'll have my own supply of lumber because I'm sure a few in the beginning are going to end up in the stove!). It will be great to have the collective knowledge on this forum for help.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hi JP,

It's always good to have another figured lumber guy around.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You know we'll be lookin' for pictures of some of that wood..:icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

I think building your own kiln can qualify you for Woodworker status..:yes: :yes: :yes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts