Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys/gals. My name's Gord, user name woodmantra. I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I live in Victoria B.C. Canada and enjoy working with wood and other media in my small 9 x 18 shop. I also have a smaller 8 x 10 metal shop with a Myford ML7 metal lathe. I'm in the midst of reorganizing the wood shop again and am considering getting a Festool TS 75 EQ plunge cut saw for cutting full sheets of plywood etc. any thoughts or advice??

I've never been part of something like this before and I'm looking forward to participating and getting some good information. I might even be able to contribute something usefull...first time for everything.

Cheers!

Gord

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Welcome to the site Gord!
I persononaly don't know much about Festool but there are plenty of folks here who do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks for the welcome woodman42. Woodman was the name I tried to register with on EBay several years ago, but it was taken, so I ended up modifying it until I got one that worked - woodmantra.

I posed my question to the Woodwhisperer about my Festool purchase and got some really good advice from Mark. He suggested buying the smaller TS 55, which is smaller, lighter and easier to use and put the money I save into an additional, longer, guide rail. Since I wouldn't often need the 3" depth that the TS 75 affords, this may be a better option for me. Any other comments or suggestions?

Gord

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Welcome to the forum woodmantra. I am in Powell River, and truly know of what you speak with regard to the great wet north. Sorry I can't help you with your Festool purchase, any knowledge I have on that is all from this forum.

Gerry

·
Registered
803 Posts
I heard that too. Good excuse to get yer stuff outta the basement and in the living room where it belongs...like mine!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Hey CD

How long do you think your wife is going to buy into that "It's in the living room because of the flood threat dear" line?

Just curious

Gerry

·
Registered
803 Posts
Well, seeing that we're above a barber shop on a hill......
She doesn't care. That's why I married her!!!:yes:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Not to hi-jack....I was on Craigslist yesterday and saw an add looking for a Light House Keeper!!!!:yes: ....turns out they were looking for a light-housekeeper.:eek: They wanted a maid.:censored: :laughing:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Well, seeing that we're above a barber shop on a hill......
She doesn't care. That's why I married her!!!:yes:
And I mighty fine choice you made. Yer a lucky guy. I too am married to a lady who is pretty tolerant of my many foibles. Lucky me.
Gerry:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Welcome Woodmantra, nice to see some more people from this great island in the Pacific. This rain keeps up and I will be off to buy a house boat:laughing: :laughing: . Hummmm, a floating workshop:laughing:
How's it going over there Daryl? I gather you haven't got drowned yet, anyway. I think a floating workshop would [wood] be a little restricting. For me for sure anyway.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Gerry:smile: :smile: :smile:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Not to hi-jack....I was on Craigslist yesterday and saw an add looking for a Light House Keeper!!!!:yes: ....turns out they were looking for a light-housekeeper.:eek: They wanted a maid.:censored: :laughing:
Gee Corndog, I've seen your picture, and I am trying to picture you in a little French maids outfit. It is giving me bad dreams.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Gerry

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey guys, nice to see all the cross border banter. I've been cruising around the site for the last couple of days and I've seen Daryl and CD quite a bit. When do you guys get out to your shops?
Didn't get too wet here Gerry, it's all sunshine and light again here in Victoria. Literally not politically

I think that my favourite post so far has to be Buffalo Bilious’ Utube Clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiJGmwyYK8k . This has to be the scariest resawing tool I’ve ever seen.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts