Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Brian Wilson. I have been a carpenter for 22 years. fourth generation. over the past four years I have made some major life changes. basically, I've grown up and slowed down.
no more drinking, no more running wild across the country, and no more winters out in the cold with a tool pouch throwing my hips and back out of whack. I have settled into a nice wharehouse job where the temperature stays cozy and my forklift does all the lifting. I even found a "nice" girl to settle down with and bare me a fine son.:yes: life is good. right?
then it happened. I got bored. real bored.
when you spend two decades breathing sawdust and working with your hands, you just can't turn it off. I needed a hobby and it had to be wood related. my grandfather built really nice pieces of furniture, and I am his grandson, so a woodworker I'll become. heck, I own a lot of tools. this should be easy. wrong again.
after taking stock of my vast assortment of tools I have come to one conclusion: I can frame a house, but I can't build a chair with what I currently own.
so I'm searching for woodworking tools. my research has led me here and boy, what a lot of knowledge in one place. I look forward to reading and learning from everyone who contributes to this site. and hopefully I'll be able to contribute a little back.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Welcome!
Lots of room here for ya!
Questions are welcomed.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yeah, carpentry is a bit different from cabinetry :smile:

I hope you are better at carpentry than I am. My invariable method is "measure twice, then screw it up anyway!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts