Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello;
I'm Pete. I've wooked with wood for almost fifty years. Every thing from "pine box burby to building a whole house. My true love is restoring furniture "if it's the right peice". Most of my work is by hand "no power". I like the feel of the wood in my hands and I'm not in a hurry.
I live in South Carolina now but have traveled most of the world.

Right now I'm looking for help on a project that will most likly take years.
I inharited my grand mothers dinning room set and I'm here to get advice on restoring it.
It is mohogany with string inlay of satinwood it was made in 1915/17 and refinnished in the 1950's.
The inlay is lifting or missing in about 25% of the set. I can get new inlay but I'm not sure if I should replace all of it or just whats missing. I'm also not sure what glue to use or how to procide.

Any one out there with some advice feel free Ican use all the help I can get.

·
Making sawdust in MS
4,000 Posts
I use titebond III on most projects, but on inlays I'll sometimes use titebond I. Welcome, and good luck with your project.

·
Banned
6,838 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if you will get very many reply's to your request for help because of it being mixed in with the intro.

My suggestion is ask it again in this section. There are different categories and not everyone reads them all. Also include pictures can help with getting better answers especially if it's a difficult situation to explain.

General woodworking

Wood Finishing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts