Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new to wood working. While in the past, I have done some home renovation and improvements, in the last several months I have started to do some projects that require a little more patience and thought. I'm in the process of putting together a rather modest woodshop and am starting to see the need for more accurate tools.

I enjoy reading the forum to see what others are doing. I must confess that the projects I have seen are rather intimidating. As in other areas of interest (computers, photography, videography, etc.), I have found the internet to be a great source of information and inspiration for my new hobby of woodworking.

I enjoy giving gifts that hopefully have more meaning to my family and friends than something just bought from a store. In the future I'll post a few pictures and hopefully you'll give the novice a little grace. :smile:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Tl Foster Welcome to the forum. True being told I am a little intimidated by some of the work here to. But this is a great bunch of guys and gals here that dont mind sharing what they know.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
TL,
Welcome to the forum.
Don't let some of the beautiful work shown on the forum intimidate you. Every time I go to my woodturner's club meeting I see things that amaze me. It gives me ideas and something to strive for. Just take it one step at a time and enjoy yourself.
Mike Hawkins:smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts