Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I have been woodworking for a few years now (mostly just projects for our home). I have gotten a 12x24 dutch barn that I am making into my first actuall shop (getting out of the garage !!)...

I have a question but I am unsure which forum to ask it in. It is about the floor (I wanta to paint it. Deck paint or epoxy or ??? thoughts? opinions?)

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Welcome. Why do you want to paint it would be my question ? I know it would look spiffier at first, but it seems like something you would have to maintain (keep painting forever once you do it the first time)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Daren,

Reason for painting - I was looking for something smooth, durable and really easy to clean. The epoxy type of paint would last for a really long time. I have dealt with the epoxy paint over concrete, but not wood. On wood I was not sure how the epoxt paint would handle the movement of the wood subfloor, so I was just seeing if anyone else has had experiance in this area... My wife says I am anal about some details.. I guess I can be...:huh:

I see your avatar, looks like you like to harvest your own lumber - I love my alaskan mill !! But I have not had a chance yet to use any of the lumber I have cut (still air drying)...

·
Pro sawdust maker
166 Posts
NIce to meet you,

I am moving from Cleveland OH, to Charlotte NC in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Folks,

Tile it - At this point I can not go to that expense (I considered linoleum, and by the time the paint wears out I "should" be able to afford it) - I purchased some paint yesterday, it is Glidden "Porch & Floor" I got the Polyurethane Oil Gloss - I will be painting within the next month, right now I am finishing the ramp (see progress) the center of the ramp is to be steps, will post a picture once the ramp is done if anyone wants to see...

Oh - Nice Site ya have there Daren :thumbsup:, and Welcome to NC ecologito !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts