Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Member from MN
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After joining the forum and making a couple of posts, I should introduce myself.

I have a small shop in my basement with a growing set of tools and not nearly enough time for them. Projects typically can take a few months. Much of my free time is consumed by home maintenance.

I would categorize myself as an "experienced beginner" or "novice". I've had my shop for about eight years.

My most complicated project to date was a maple night stand that involved a lot of "firsts" for me: tapered legs, mortise & tenon joints, a drawer, dovetail drawer joints, and fitting the wood drawer glides/stops. I also tried to do more hand planing and scraping than sanding.

I dislike finishing.

I am currently building a set of melamine cabinets for the laundry area - another "first".

DaveB

·
Registered
754 Posts
Welcome to the site Dave

·
Senior Member from MN
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally got around to posting photos of a couple projects, etc. in "my gallery". Click on the left...

As I am typing this, a nordic skier just passed my window "skijor-ing" with his dog. It's a harness that allows the dog to pull the skier while he skis. That's on my list of things to do today, get out skiing with our dog. It's great fun, but our border collie likes it better to be off-leash. He sees the harness and ducks his head (thinking "not that damn thing again"). Mostly, I just let him run out in front of me carry sticks and setting them in my path. Given the chance, he would carry this stick: :stupid:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Welcome to the site.
Nice night stand in your gallery. I like the magazine rack, would go well with the leaning shelve idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts