Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

My name is Thomas. I live with my new wife and pup in Franklin, TN, just north of Nashville. Haven't been working with wood for long at all, about a year and a half. Got out of the Marines about two and a half years ago to go to school out here, got a year and a half left. Picked up the hobby during some free time and fell in love with it. I have a small "shop", my mother-in-law's garage, but it works for me. Interested in furniture, and would like to dabble in toy making a bit when I get finer tools.

Really looking forward to picking some brains here, sharing stories and info and getting to know y'all better. I really appreciate the site, have already learned quite a bit.

Thanks everyone,
Thomas

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome
Franklin eh we only live less than an hour apart I live just outside of Woodbury about thirty min from Murfreesboro.. There is a woodcraft there I have been wanting to check out next time I'm up that way. I never been to an actual woodworking store.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Welcome Thomas from NH - and thanks for your service. I'm glad you found this site, lots of nice talented folks here who are willing to listen and help when it's needed. Do us a favor when asking questions - post a picture or 2 about the project or ask detail questions. I've been noticing a few very vague questions that are almost impossible to answer.

Back to your welcome... congratulation on the new wife and hope you get that degree. Be proud of yourself.

·
Sawing against the Wind
2,383 Posts
Welcome Thomas and thanks for your service to protect our FREEDOMS!!!

Just hr east of you on I-40.....(correct typo your south of Nashville but I knew what you meant....log on and go to the thread and push edit).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts