Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Welcome fEZ! Glad to have you aboard. This forum is great as there are a number of very talented folks who are always willing to share their knowledge. Great work on your scroll saw projects.

John

·
Registered
912 Posts
Sounds good fEZ. Do you scroll for enjoyment or do you sell your items. What type of saw do you have? I have an older large throated Jet scroll saw that I picked up at a sale earlier this year but I just haven't had time to mess with it too much. I enjoy the small shapes and such that you can get scrolling. Again welcome to the forum and show us some more work when you get a chance.

John

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Fez,
Welcome. I think you'll find this forum a lot of fun. Take some time to browse through some of the old topics. There's a lot of good reading here. Keep posting pictures of your projects. Nice job on the scroll work.
Mike Hawkins:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi John,
Actually most of my works have gone gifts. I suppose that, seen by the mere woodlover, any scroll saw work looks fantastic. So I haven't sold anything yet, but this will hopefully not be long :smile:.
Since this was my first buy, I got a very cheap machine (£34 from Screwfix!). Reading through diverse forums has improved my general culture, making my buying a proper machine an essential step. Again, objects with reduced performances, allow prospecting in directions high tech ones tend to hide. (Low Means Philosophy? :laughing:)
I've just finished a week long cleaning process of the workshop. Lights and water are back on. but I'm still in the stage of finding the right place for everything : workbenches, board and racks are being moved every half hour before moving again... It's all so fun.:thumbsup:

Hello Mike,
Thanks for the welcome.
I've found most woodworking forums more than courteous, and this one makes no exception.
Isn't Internet a woderful thing? In the space of few weeks, i have become the "shaman in the tribe", and a Scroll Saw Expert (in the absence of experts, of course :laughing:).
Today was virtually my first day back to scrolling (and other things) work. Enthusiasm is still there...

Good luck with your projects, All.

Best Wishes,
fEZ.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts