Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pro sawdust maker
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I moved to Cleveland not long ago from Charlotte NC and since I can't fly RC planes half of the time I am trying to get into this new hobby. I have a very small project going on and I learned already a lot by reading from some of the awesome, real, woodworkers posting in this forum.:thumbsup:

Have a good weekend and I will stick around for a while.;)

·
Pro sawdust maker
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot woodman, this is a great forum I am already learning a few things.

·
Cabinetmaker
646 Posts
Eco why on earth would you move from Charlotte to Cleveland?
For sure welcome, my daughter lives close to you in Mentor. However Man it is warmer cakalaka.
Jack

·
Pro sawdust maker
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know Jack, and right now I am thinking the same thing. I don't know how long I will be around. Professional development loks good here but we'll see. I miss the Carolina blue skies.

·
Cabinetmaker
646 Posts
Eco; we are being driven out by high taxes. Also wife and I are past that 65 mark. I hope to be able to find work down there, cant just sit around. I cant seem to get a good feel if there is a market for GOOD Craftsmanship there. I picked that area 'case of being close to Charlotte and I think that is the more affluent area. It is a pretty area also very close to where I live now being Northwest NJ
Jack

·
Pro sawdust maker
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know the capital of furniture is High Point NC and Hickory NC is really big on Furniture. I am pretty sure there is a good market for craftsmanship specially if you consider that Charlotte is a Banking Center all the fancy places are always looking for customized stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts