Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!

I'm, of course, new in the forum but also new to woodworking.
I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina, speak spanish but don't have much trouble with english.
I will need to learn the english names for the tools we use (although I don't have much yet) and a good unit translator software will come in handy (cm instead of inches!)
I don't have much space at home and I do not have a decent place to store my tools, so I need to pack them away every time I use them (hand tools) and store them under a table or behind a seat... :)
I am currently (Jan 2009) building a playhouse for my kids. Will post pics once is finished.

I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship... ;)

Gerry

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Welcome gebli to the forum. There are wood workers from all levels on this site so you are not alone. This is a great place to learn the trick of the trade and everyone love to share information. You can get a good head start by reading through all the catagories you are interested in.

·
Thumb Nailer
2,454 Posts
Hola Gebli!

Okay so your English is MUCH better than my Español. I'm trying though!

A man with much skill and a few tools, can do things that an unskilled man with a shop full of tools cannot. Learn the techniques you are going to need, and enjoy the process!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Argentina ? Really ? Hey, "broaden MY horizons" ! This is so cool ! By the way . . . I moved to metric and CMs YEARS ago ! Much easier on my simple brain.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Argentina ? Really ? Hey, "broaden MY horizons" ! This is so cool ! By the way . . . I moved to metric and CMs YEARS ago ! Much easier on my simple brain.
Really easier cms than inches? Interesting.

BTW, thank you all for the welcome!

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Welcome to the forum Gerry,
My espanol is limited to Ola. I have some distant relatives down your way from my mom's side of the family (Italian). I don't really know anything about them though. I'll trade you for some of your weather, it's -12F here today. The snow is actually squeaking when you walk on it.
Mike Hawkins;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the forum Gerry,
My espanol is limited to Ola. I have some distant relatives down your way from my mom's side of the family (Italian). I don't really know anything about them though. I'll trade you for some of your weather, it's -12F here today. The snow is actually squeaking when you walk on it.
Mike Hawkins;)
Thank you, Mike. I can try to find them if you give me some info.
It is always nice to get back in touch!

Gerry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts