Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Jaime. I'm new to the site and wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I have been working in the carpentry/renovations field for the past 3 years. The majority of my experience is with slate roofing and copper metal work. I have really found a passion in working with my hands and I love it(I used to do pharmacy) I am trying to improve my knowledge base on a whole range of topics related to building, so I apologize in advance that I may ask alot of questions. Until recently, I felt like I had struck out on any attempts to find any useful info on the web, but forums like this are a real gem of a find and I feel like I've hit a goldmine of expert info. Well, that's all for now. Hope to meet you on the threads:smile:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Welcome to the site Jaime!
What did you used to do to pharmacies? Work in one or build them?
I have asisted in building an Eckards here some time ago.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Eckerds no more.... The founder died a few yearsa ago, Woodman.
That rich Eckerds family sold it to CVS.
Back in the day that was the only place I went to besides supermarkets.

Hey Jaime,,, welcome aboard.

Albany is really really nice in the fall - last trip was 2001 thru Catskills and further north thru the Adironacks mountain.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. Albany is nice in the fall, but right now, I'd much rather be somewhere warm. I used to work in a pharmacy. I went to school to be a pharmacist and then changed careers(went down the wrong path for a while, etc., etc.) But I really love the building trades.

·
Registered
624 Posts
wow that's a big move/change you made there, Jaime. I read where pharmacist make like $90,000 a year.
But you're at the right spot here with woodwork.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts