Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Welcome Ben. This really is a good wood working site. Glad you joined. Post some of your work for us to see when you get a chance.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm really happy to have found this community. I'm new to woodworking and trying to gather knowledge from wherever I can. I've found a great deal of information here. I think its fantastic there are so many folks like yourselves who are so forthright in sharing what you've learned with others.

Most of my experience so far has been in finish work in custom home building. I'll take some photos of the window casement I completed last week. It was a good project for me. I learned a lot in the process.

Outside of work, I'm planning my workshop. Its pretty meager at this point. My grandfather said I would use a corner of his basement. It basically consists of a router and router table and my carpenter's tools. I plan to purchase a table saw this week. Still researching what type of workbench I will build. I've read that a lot of woodworkers' first project was a workbench. I may try to build a box or two with some inexpensive materials first!

Thanks for checking in!

Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts