Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very much a newbie at woodworking. My wife's grandfather refinishes furniture for a retirement hobby. He got me hooked on doing that for several years and taught me a lot. My first project was an oak bookcase I made for my son. I have very limited room so have to borrow father in laws table saw when I work on a big project. I do have a miter saw and bought a kreg jig for the bookshelf. I have done dowels as well but big fan of Kreg jig too. A couple months after my first project I won a bid at an auction where I obtained some walnut, cherry, and oak all in the rough. I then sold some boards on craigslist and used that money to buy a craftsman 6 1/2 jointer, grizzly planer and router table. I used the walnut to build an entertainment stand, and am currently building a simple coffee table for my mom for Christmas. I am from PA, which means my days of finishing furniture outside are coming to an end for several months.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Welcome from NH coraldo - hang in with what you've got and I'm sure your tool list will grow with time. Although I've been making sawdust for 35 years, I'm self taught and I slowly built my workshop. I retired 4 years ago and have grown from weekend woodworker to maybe crfatsman. Most of my tools I bought with coffee money over the last 10 years I worked (brown bagged lunches and skipped coffee breaks - pocketed 35 per week).

Congrats - you now belong to the best woodworking forum on the net - lots of nice folks will be answering your questions...

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts