Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there -- I'm new here, too, so I thought I'd say hello!

I'm a software engineer during the day, but my nights and weekends are shared among my family, woodworking, writing music, designing home studio racks and workstations, fiddling with Alibre Design, and various programming projects, including my website (plans.theFrankes.com) where I post articles mostly related to the intersections of all these hobbies.

This forum looks pretty active, so I hope I can learn a lot and make a valuable contribution to the community!

Cheers,
Alex

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
Hey Alex welcome!

I took the time to check out your website. Man you are as prilific as me about throwing irons in the fire.

I would have like d to order some software or something and contribute to your sons' college fund, but we have some colege funds of our own we have to tend to:
One is in college on year 3
One is about to graduate from high school and enter this summer
One will be a senior next year
Another wil be a junior next year
The last will be a sophmore next year.

Two are going to law school, so it is quite possible we will as many as four in at one time. Maybe I should rent some space on your website for our 5! :laughing:

Anyway, welcome to the forum it's a great place to learn/share.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow -- you sure have your hands full!

My kids are two years and two weeks, so I'm just trying to get an early start -- that's why I came up with the CollegeFundware idea. It's basically like shareware, but instead of the money going to me, it actually goes to my kids' college funds. Plus I have a novel "pay what you think it's worth" concept, which is sometimes taken advantage of, but other times works quite well.

I can't imagine having four in college at the same time -- two of them in law school. On one hand you must be very proud, but it must be pretty hard on the checkbook!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts