Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, I don't have a protruding forehead, but in addition to an interest in woodworking (and designing / building / fixing anything) I have long enjoyed sailing, so a reference to that structure in boats and at the same time, a self-depricating nic..

I make my home in San Diego but have lived up and down the coast in California for more than 40 years.

I turned my first baseball bat in my best friend's dad's shop when I was about 15 and although woodshop was a favorite class in highschool, I never pursued woodworking as a hobby due to the constraints many face: money, space and time.

Now, I'm older and the kids are bigger and I find I have more time and a little more money than I used to have. So while I have a handful of tools including a modest contractor type table saw, compound mitre saw and handheld sanders, drills, etc., I am eager to finally step onto the path of hobby woodworking. It is a path I hope to walk for many years as I am still a relatively young guy: 50 is still a couple years away..

Anyway, I have been reading this forum as an unregistered visitor for years, on and off, and finally have signed up. I did so in large part to ask questions, and I do have quite a few - as I suspect most new arrivals here do.

So with that, thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and experience with another new member.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Welcome Aboard

Attachments

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Welcome Bulkhead - you already know you've picked a good site so jump into your 1st project and ask questions. How about building yourself a workbench or work station. To start - simple is good. :smile:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello, Bernie

This is swampgator/SWilson from handymanclub. So good to see you here. :smile:

·
Master firewood maker
1,973 Posts
heh, better "Bulkhead" than "Blockhead"!

welcome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts