Woodworking Talk banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
7,222 Posts
Short video to give a better view of the scene:
Cute video Steve, but you know if this was animated to the music, it would be an instant viral video.

All you need is about 20 still shot photos per second of footage. No problemo, just ask Nick Parks, of Wallace and Grommit fame and later the movie Chicken Run.

Instant fame, and instant copyright police hounding you, but for a minute, you would be King or the wood robots. :icon_smile:

·
Hobbyist wood-butcher
1,587 Posts
Cute video Steve, but you know if this was animated to the music, it would be an instant viral video.

All you need is about 20 still shot photos per second of footage. No problemo, just ask Nick Parks, of Wallace and Grommit fame and later the movie Chicken Run.

Instant fame, and instant copyright police hounding you, but for a minute, you would be King or the wood robots. :icon_smile:

Great idea, Dave! :yes: So..... Steve..... When are you going to make this happen? :eek: :laughing:

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I've been asked to share the modifications I made to the dimensions of the connectors. The published dimensions just don't work right.

Text Diagram Line Technical drawing Floor plan

I also shortened the length of the dowels used in all the balls. Though I'd cut to fit because the length needed will depend on how deep you drill the holes they fit into at both ends.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Mr Chaincarver, I just wanted to let you know I arrived safely at my new home in WA. It's very nice here. My new owner already took me fishing ;-)

View attachment 64416
Awesome! I appreciate the picture. And thank you very much for your support. He looks right at home now :thumbsup:

P.S. Nice bandsaw fish.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
I'll confess to not making the fish. I spent 45 minutes talking to the gal who made them and was about to walk away w/o buying one when my wife smacked me upside the head and reminded me how much I hate when people ask all those questions and leave w/o buying. So I brought one home to deconstruct and never did ;-)

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Wow I don't know how I missed this thread. I found it yesterday and whipped this up last night, just a test for now. I'll see if I can get some spare time soon to make a cool video.

Wooden robot test - YouTube

EDIT: How do you guys embed YouTube videos in your posts?
Very cool! Is that one built or is it computer graphics? It's sad when I can't tell the difference. :laughing:

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Computer graphics. I spent maybe an hour modeling, texturing, and rigging it for that quick test.
I'm hoping to make a video of it 'playing' with the kids or something cool like that. :thumbsup:
Wow. Well done. I'd love to see that video if you make it. :thumbsup:

61 - 74 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.