Eventually I'd like to make the entire set pictured above for myself. I'd like to start with the headboard and then move on to the frame and night tables.
I have little to no experience woodworking and access to a fair amount of woodworking tools. I'd rather take my time, learn the proper skills and do this project right then just go for it and do a lousy job sooner.
Right now I've got a few questions about the headboard.
1. What's your suggestion on the best way to put it together? (one piece of wood that's routed, several pieces put together, etc?)
2. What kind of tools do you think will be absolutely essential to the assembly method you've suggested?
3. What type of wood would you suggest? (maple, pine etc but also ply board or solid piece)
I apologize if my questions seem ignorant, that's just kind of where I'm at with woodworking right now. I suppose I need to start somewhere though. Maybe a fourth question would be:
4. Are there any other projects you would suggest I tackle first to better prepare myself for this one?
5. Any other tips or pieces of advice on how I should proceed with this project or my journey into woodworking in general?
Thanks very much for your time