Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a very old planer/thicknesser. It has no manufacturer details. Can anyone identify the make of the machine from the picture?[email protected]

If any of you know about the machine or has one may you take a photo of the gear system that drives the transport rollers. As can be seen on my photo, there are two worm gears missing and I would like to have them made up or purchase them if available from somewhere as parts. The machine has 3 blades and I am impressed with the quality of the shaving. I would be very pleased if I can get the machine back into its original state. Any advise is greatly appriciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Based on what I can see in the picture

it is a 70's era Hermotrantonqualic. Real work horse but not many made.

Ed

·
Old School
24,027 Posts
I purchased a very old planer/thicknesser. It has no manufacturer details. Can anyone identify the make of the machine from the picture?[email protected]

If any of you know about the machine or has one may you take a photo of the gear system that drives the transport rollers. As can be seen on my photo, there are two worm gears missing and I would like to have them made up or purchase them if available from somewhere as parts. The machine has 3 blades and I am impressed with the quality of the shaving. I would be very pleased if I can get the machine back into its original state. Any advise is greatly appriciated.

Pictures came out good. Can't ID the machine, but looks to be either late 1800's or early 1900's. Looks set up like a jointer frame. Can't really see any adjustment other than maybe table height.

You might want to take the whole shebang to a machine shop or a tool and die maker to have some gears made. Or, they may be a gear that is a standard gear (if you're are real lucky).

·
Registered
112 Posts
sorry holzwurn cannot identify the make of machine, is there any other marks or stamps anywhere else? eg-under the table

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No vinnyb76 nothing else to identify the machine. I took it completely appart but found not a thing. Just a number was stamp on it. I am surprised because I did a test run and am realy impressed with the 3blade head. What worries me is the worm gear is missing to drive the transport rollers and I don't want to lend up having to push the wood trough. I may have to have them made up at a tool maker. I just would like to know what they look like since they where missing when I got the machine. Thanks anyway

·
Registered
147 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the reply, no other reply confirmed that it may be a Makita. Anyway I will have to see a machine shop to make up the worm gears.
thanks for your feedback.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts