Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I jumped on the opportunity of the Jet parallel clamp sale and found Southern-Tool.com was offering free shipping with the order so I went ahead and purchased 4 - 50" clamps.

The process was a little different than I'm used to with ordering items online. At the end of the process there was a page that looked like some paperwork I had filled out. This gave me a order number, and an option to print the paper. I clicked print before saving the order number, nothing printed and the page left my screen to never be seen again!

So now I'm stuck here with no order number, no confirmation email, on the website I don't even see a spot that I could have typed my order number if I would have even gotten it saved.

Has anyone ordered from this place before? Maybe it's just a smaller business that takes Thanksgiving off and does't have a auto confirmation that's sent out upon orders.

I just don't like having a $140 order out there with my personal information and with nothing to show for it.

·
7,222 Posts
I have purchased from Southern Tool twice. Both times were the Jet parallel clamps.

Most recent was July 2008. I do not recall the on-line process, but I would expect that it is different today.

I do have an order receipt email but do not recall if this was immediately after the order or some time later.

I would call their 1-800 number today or tomorrow.

I had no issues in getting my merchandise from my orders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I did eventually get a email later the next day, and it was hidden in my "Junk" email folder. Got 6 of them Jet parallel clamps heading my direction now!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I just placed an order with them - like you- couldn't pass up the free shipping on top of the sale price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts