Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i was just wanting to know if anybody has had a look at
www.getwoodworking.com i,m not anything to do with this site!
i just found it today when i typed in woodworking in google.com
and was wanting to know if people had seen this site. It looks quite good there are not many articles on the site but there is a forum

what do other people think?

also does anybody know of any other good woodworking sites?

thanks.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but it seems a little "unmannerly" that your first post on our site is that you want our opinion on a site that is obviously geared toward selling woodworking equipment and tools.

It makes me think you are advertising. We have clear guidelines regarding that, and if you had taken the time to peruse our site you would know this.

We are not afflicted with "Don't Mention Other Sites Syndrome" and we do not restrict the referral of other sites where appropriate, but your first post here is questionable at best.

Consider this a polite warning. Please feel free to become an active participant in our forum in the discussion of woodworking related issues but take the time to understand our guidelines regarding spam and obvious advertising first.

Do we know of any other good woodworking sites? Yeah how about www.woodworkingtalk.com Welcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
emm...

first off im not trying to promote any site! i have just started up on the internet and just want to find good places to chat to like minded people! (like here) in no way am i trying to say the site i talked about is great or anything i was just wondring what other people thought about it! i just like the idear of having a few good woodworking sites in the u.k

i did not intend to upset anybody

·
johnep
2,140 Posts
I belong to a few forums and I know that the moderators naturally wish to keep a certain decorum. If you go out with a girl/boy, then it is not generally considered polite to talk about another girl/boy whom you may wish to meet. Same applies with forums. If the site you are suggesting is educational than we would love to hear about it. if it has a prime purpose of selling something then unless in answer to a members direct question say nowt.
Three wise monkeys comes to mind.
This forum will provide for all your woodwork queries.
johnep

·
Registered
267 Posts
I looked at many forums about wood working ,searching for the one that I could learn the most from and that had members that were easy to talk to. I am here because in my opinion this is the best wood forum out there. I would like to welcome you to our forum and ask you too do some searching here on our site there is a lot of knowledgeable wood workers here that are glad to help in any way they can.

Bruce.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
You didn't upset me woodcraftkid. I was just trying to help you understand the protocol.

If you really are new to the internet and talk forums then I understand your post much better. I guess in this day and age we tend to fail to consider that a new member is also new to the internet!

I don't want one of your first experinces with a woodworking talk forum to be bad. Tell us a little about yourself and what you want to accomplish in the short and long term in woodworking. We are here to help, and we are interested in what you have to say.
How bout we start over?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts