Woodworking Talk banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Look on the bright side...

Honey, this is going to require that I get a new cabinet saw, band saw, jointer, planer, assorted hand, power and battery operated tools to fix this floor...which your high heels have damaged.

Why is it that a guy has to take his shoes off at the door, but a girl can pretty much do what she wants in the house?

I obviously have no solution to your floor problem, but I doubt if this would have happened to full dimension T&G hardwood flooring. I think the substrate on the "engineered floor" is soft.

Going forward I'd offer assorted slippers of her choice:thumbsup:

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,509 Posts
Surely you aged experts can give me some ideas. What causes divots, small tiny holes in Ebony Hardwood mfg wood from the supplier. My bldr had installed in new home. Inspector on the way. What causes this? The model doesnt have them on the same floor. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Seconds sold as first line quality. Builder saves $$$. ????

DUNNO

·
Banned
3,533 Posts
Just one more reason we don't wear shoes in the house... any kind of shoes. Well, slippers but those aren't shoes, they have a cloth sole.

I'd try the steam method with the damp towel and iron in a very inconspicuous space. I don't think it's likely to work, but it's the best chance you have of fixing a veneered floor rather than replacing it with real hardwood.

·
Always Learning
492 Posts
Sorry for your luck, but this just reconfims that I'm avoiding anything short of real hardwood when it comes times to ditch this carpet.

Honey, this is going to require that I get a new cabinet saw, band saw, jointer, planer, assorted hand, power and battery operated tools to fix this floor...which your high heels have damaged.
:thumbsup: I like the way you think!

Cabinetman, I looked into the wood-looking tile but haven't found much that looks very realistic, especially when considering grout lines. Have you?

·
chip off the old block
4 Posts
Found this link for anyone needing some tips on fixing blemishes with hardwood floors @ http://www.woodfloors.org/RenewalRepairs.aspx

Glad to just stick with stone flooring, I had friends wives do the same exact thing to their flooring. I will definitely share your tips with him.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.