Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,509 Posts
Why not just remove the dents?

Get a couple of cotton dish towels, the non terry cloth kind. Cloth diapers not pre-fold will work also.

Get the towels wet, wring them out so that they are damp. Fold the towel in half and put it over the dent. Then take an clothes iron (NOT a mangle) and iron the towel. The steam and heat should cause the dent to pop out.

For extreme dents, put a drop of water in the dent and allow it to sit for 5 minutes and then iron as above.

You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Oh, in the future buy solid wood pre-stressed flooring. Don't get fooled by bamboo either. A friend's 90 pound dog put all kinds of dents in the floor just by walking on the floor. The dog was an older dog so she wasn't a wild puppy.

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,509 Posts
Surely you aged experts can give me some ideas. What causes divots, small tiny holes in Ebony Hardwood mfg wood from the supplier. My bldr had installed in new home. Inspector on the way. What causes this? The model doesnt have them on the same floor. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Seconds sold as first line quality. Builder saves $$$. ????

DUNNO

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,509 Posts
What ever happened to days when women were kept barefoot and pregnant?
I definitely will NOT show that post to LOML.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.