Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Depending on how thick the veneer is, sanding will only take the high spots down (not the divots). Not much can be done about the indentations. In any case, use of high heels can damage wood floors. A solid wood floor could be refinished.

I would replace with a porcelain or ceramic tile.

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
You can fix the floor either by a self leveling epoxy like for bar tops
since you can't sand out the dents because of the thin veneer on the hardwood.....or you can enjoy the sight of your wife dancin' laps in her high heels and forget the damn dents.... You gettin' the picture here?:laughing: bill

That epoxy is not suitable for a floor finish. If those are his only choices, he should get used to the dents.

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
You can fix the floor either by a self leveling epoxy like for bar tops

Bar top epoxy is what I was referring to being not suitable.

This clear epoxy is for floors. I know nothing else about it, but a call to the company may be worth it. 10 yr warranty is more than others and it is self leveling after rolling.
http://www.superfloorcoat.com/mono-coat-TS-200-clear.asp
:thumbsup: bill

This type of coating (the two types that could be used on wood floors), when called "self leveling" doesn't mean you can pour it on and it will fill the dents and "self level". It is applied like any floor coating. The "self leveling" means roller or brush marks will likely not show.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.