Curly Maple 4/4 $8.15/ Bd. Ft.
Red Oak 4/4 $3.45? Bd. Ft
Red Oak 4/4 at 10" wide $3.80/ Bd. Ft.
Red Oak 6/4 $4.10/ Bd. Ft.
Red oak 8/4 $4.30/Bd. Ft.

· Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The last time I was there about 2 months ago I think, was the first time they raised their prices since before Covid. Now they are coming down again.
The price I pay per board foot is for FAS but does not include SLR and only one face is mildly surfaced so that you can see the grain and patterns. Any additional milling is extra but is very reasonable. I used to buy it S2S and SLR but not anymore. I like the wood as thick as I can get it. The 1" stock can be planed by me down to 7/8" and both sides are good to go. If you just tell them plane S2S, it will be planed to 3/4". When I used to get it milled by them, I would tell them to plane till one side is good and the other side I wasnt concerned with. That would also give me around 7/8' final. Keep in mind that the 'other' side was still really planed nicely. Their planer cuts both sides at the same time.
I like the extra thickness for table tops and the aprons.

· Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing like a reliable source of quality hardwoods.
Dont have to worry about warping or anything. I have never had a problem with a project straight from the metal building with no climate control and into a house or apartment. No acclimatizing necessary. The wood is stable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts