Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rocky R
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The attached is a photo of a sliding cabinet door. The little thing that looks like a Philips screw is a spring like mechanism that is on top of the sliding door and holds the door in its track when sliding it. Does anyone know where I could get this sort of track retainer guide? I've had no luck in searching the net....mainly because I don't know what to call it. Suggestions would be appreciated (it doesn't need to be the exact same thing).

Thanks,
Rocky

Attachments

·
Old School
24,011 Posts
It's hard to tell from that picture, but it looks flush to the top of the door. Does it extend by spring? Is there at least two of them at the top. Is that door the only one you have to see the same hardware. Can you post a picture of the whole top of the door. Also, a picture of the upper track would help.

It looks like there is something missing from that hardware.

·
Rocky R
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's hard to tell from that picture, but it looks flush to the top of the door. Does it extend by spring? Is there at least two of them at the top. Is that door the only one you have to see the same hardware. Can you post a picture of the whole top of the door. Also, a picture of the upper track would help.

It looks like there is something missing from that hardware.

The round head Philips looking tip actually projects by spring (can't tell in the pic) about 1/8" - 3/16" above the door top. There are two of them at the top of each. The track above is a plastic track that is about 1/8" deep and 1/4" wide (don't have a pic since it's something I'm trying to fix at a friend's house).

Thanks for responding.

·
Old School
24,011 Posts
The round head Philips looking tip actually projects by spring (can't tell in the pic) about 1/8" - 3/16" above the door top. There are two of them at the top of each. The track above is a plastic track that is about 1/8" deep and 1/4" wide (don't have a pic since it's something I'm trying to fix at a friend's house).

Thanks for responding.
If you can get a picture of the track, or how another door is hung, that would be helpful.

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,509 Posts
Don't know why you would need a spring when gravity works very well. :no:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=2275&site=ROCKLER

What you do is mill a groove in your cabinet and install the guides. The guides are glued into the grooves. To install the doors, put the door in the top track and then swing the door over the bottom track and drop into the track.

I've used these tracks a lot and they work great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.