Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, it's me again.

I would want to share with you hanging TV stand which i made for my home in modern style but i didn't hang so far.
Material for manufacturing i used MDF and Oak. I think that many of us will want to make it too or similar.
What are you thinking about it?
Would do you want to have at your home it?
Thanks.

Ivan.

Table Furniture Rectangle Wood Floor
Wood Rectangle Curtain Automotive exterior Floor
Rectangle Wood Couch Computer desk Flooring

It's TV stand in design stage.

Wood Rectangle Wood stain Flooring Hardwood

Furniture Table Rectangle Wood Font

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, i here that learning, improve my wood skill and also English. I'm reading many articles here and find many interesting things which i'll be to use in future in my work. I wanted to show you that i made and that i have some experience in woodworking. Sorry, if it's look so that i here because want to say thanks to me. No - is not so. I thought that you interesting see something new. I understood all. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
Retired Craftsman
4,916 Posts
Ivan - did you make all of it ? it is truly beautiful.
what is the white material ? that is a very good combination and looks great.
how will you hang it to the wall ?

·
Super Moderator
Retired Craftsman
4,916 Posts
that looks great - you have remarkable skills and good craftsmanship and a good eye for design.
do you belong to any CNC forums ? we have a sister site called RouterForums that is for CNC and woodworking.
but we like to see you here too - we can learn a lot from you.
I do not have a CNC - just router by hand-held tools.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Nice work, but IMO you need to take a closer look at the mounting method. Even though it many not be very wide, I have doubts about a french cleat. At the least, the top screw needs to go securely into the wall at least 3 inches.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice work, but IMO you need to take a closer look at the mounting method. Even though it many not be very wide, I have doubts about a french cleat. At the least, the top screw needs to go securely into the wall at least 3 inches.
Thanks Robert, but all be alright. I used this mounting method before at the others products.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi guys, it's me again.

I would want to share with you hanging TV stand which i made for my home in modern style but i didn't hang so far.
Material for manufacturing i used MDF and Oak. I think that many of us will want to make it too or similar.
What are you thinking about it?
Would do you want to have at your home it?
Thanks.

Ivan.

View attachment 431832 View attachment 431833 View attachment 431834

It's TV stand in design stage.

View attachment 431835
View attachment 431836
I don’t understand. You show us pictures and drawings and say you are in the DESIGN STAGE. Normally the DESIGN STAGE is the stage before construction. What you have on the tables looks great, if this is what you built. It looks very large, to hang on the wall, with just the French Cleats. Are you also planning on legs on the front?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I don’t understand. You show us pictures and drawings and say you are in the DESIGN STAGE. Normally the DESIGN STAGE is the stage before construction. What you have on the tables looks great, if this is what you built. It looks very large, to hang on the wall, with just the French Cleats. Are you also planning on legs on the front?
Sorry, i know English not very good therefore I was makes mistakes when write this post. This tv stand is done. I could use translate but it don't interesting for me as I learn English.

·
Super Moderator
Retired Craftsman
4,916 Posts
Ivan - your English is much better than some of the Americans that post here.
so please just keep on with your postings. if you are not sure of something, you can ask any of the moderators for help.

·
Premium Member
5,420 Posts
Ivan, the more you communicate, the faster you will learn.
My mother's father (my grandfather) came from the Ukraine in the early 1900's. Lived here in the US most of his life and never learned English except for maybe 20 words or so. The same for my grandmother - his wife. So if you ever decide to swim across the ocean, at least you will have learned English. You are doing great.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sorry, i know English not very good therefore I was makes mistakes when write this post. This tv stand is done. I could use translate but it don't interesting for me as I learn English.
I am sorry also, I misunderstood your post. In the US, people will take pictures and post drawing of projects they hope to build and call it, the design stage.
The project looks great. Don't think a professional could have done a better job. I was concerned about the French cleats because their strength is great on a vertical load, but you have more going on with your design than a vertical load. At what point you can come away from the wall and the load it will take will be interesting. That is why I thought you may have some legs to install on the front.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ivan, the more you communicate, the faster you will learn.
My mother's father (my grandfather) came from the Ukraine in the early 1900's. Lived here in the US most of his life and never learned English except for maybe 20 words or so. The same for my grandmother - his wife. So if you ever decide to swim across the ocean, at least you will have learned English. You are doing great.
Thank you Tony! These words is very pleasantly to read!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts