Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the deal. I have way more planes than I need, and way less money than I need. I went a little batty and bought too much stuff, and whatever i dont use is going on the block. Seriously though, I have a wedding to pay for in 5 months and every little bit will help. So before these go up on eBay I figured I'd give WWT members the first shot (and fair prices). I'm wiling to negotiate for the most part, and these prices don't include shipping. There is no markup over what I bought them for. I'll use flat rate boxes whenever possible.

image-3403088762.jpg

image-2108235285.jpg

A Siegley Tool Co No. 5 1/2. This was made by Stanley sometime between 1902 and the mid 1920's. I'm pretty sure this one is from Stanley's first production run, as it has Siegley's original patent date cast on the lever cap knob. This ones in beautiful shape. $50

image-1202444346.jpg

image-1941193392.jpg

Siegley Tool Co No. 5. A later run than the one above, still real nice shape though. $40

image-339038526.jpg

image-2016100696.jpg

image-2530671688.jpg

Edwin Hahn No 3 smoother, relatively rare plane. Everything is in good shape with the exception of the broken tote. Light surface rust, I haven't touched it since I bought it. Had the intention of restoring it, and if it doesn't sell I probably will some day. $40

image-832980712.jpg

image-2092443572.jpg

image-2283911760.jpg

Jacob Siegley No 12 jointer plane, type 8. A rough example of a harder-to-find original Siegley plane. This one has a truncated tote and an Edwin Hahn iron, as well as a repaired frog. Also has holes in one side where someone attached a fence for edge jointing. Make an offer

Edit: I can email/upload more pics if necessary. Just ask.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Stanley Bailey No 7, type 19. This was my user until I picked up & restored a type 6. I like the low knob & small depth adjuster better. No idea why. Anyway, its ready to go, iron is honed to 2000x & finished on a strop with green rouge. Has been repainted with black engine enamel & tuned up. I intended on refinishing the knob & tote but never got around to it. It's a user, after all. I'm more concerned with function than form in my tools, although pretty is nice too. $75 ish

image-1192974120.jpg

image-567295631.jpg

image-3616543609.jpg

Also have a no 4 type 12 being restored & tuned, a 15&1/2 block plane (nice old one) and a No 5 type 9 that I'll hopefully have done this weekend. Will post pics when I've got em.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Update: the No 7 has been sold. The No 4 & a No 5 (not pictured) are spoken for & pending currently.

There is another Stanley Bailey No 5, a Millers Falls smoother, an early Stanley no 15 1/2, and a complete Stanley No 78 (pre depth adjustment lever) still remaining. I don't have time to start the restorations unless someone expresses interest. Pics on request.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just curious if the No 4 and No 5 sold as I am interested in that. I am also interested in the Stanley Bailey No. 5 upon restoration.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The No 4 and No 5 have indeed been sold. Also the Hahn No 3 is sold.
I'll update with a pic of the other No 5 (type 14 or 15) when its done.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sukii said:
Any update on the No.5? Thanks
I've got to clean up all the screws & brass parts, and hone the iron. Didn't get back to it this weekend. Soon lol

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Were you ever able to restore the No.5? Just curious as I would still be interested in purchasing it.

Believe it or not, I became completely distracted and never got back to it. It still sits as it did 6 months ago. I'll get back on it.

Sent from my iPhone using woodworkingtalk.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there. I see these posts are of older date, but I wonder if you sold the Siegley No. 12? If not, do you have a minimum price?
Kind regards
Joakim Garde

1 - 12 of 12 Posts