Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
I haven't used a hammer in my shop in probably a year. Wood mallets where it's at.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I built an 8' X 10' garden shed a few years ago, just for fun the challenge was to do it without the use of a hammer, I did end up using a hammer to install the asphalt shingles, could have bought a nail gun but decided it was not worth it.

I am using my grandfathers hammer, it is 100 years old, handle has been replaced four times, head twice. :)

·
where's my table saw?
28,590 Posts
so it's not OEM?

I built an 8' X 10' garden shed a few years ago, just for fun the challenge was to do it without the use of a hammer, I did end up using a hammer to install the asphalt shingles, could have bought a nail gun but decided it was not worth it.

I am using my grandfathers hammer, it is 100 years old, handle has been replaced four times, head twice. :)
4 New handles, 2 new heads, what's left of the original....memories?
:blink:
We should have a contest. :eek:
Who has the most hammers and photo evidence only.
Mallets are a separate category.
Sledges over 4 lbs are not allowed.
Anyone interested? :blink:
First prize is ....:drink::hammer:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yaa for hammers! I still have four that I used in the trade for over 40 years. One Estwing with leather handle and the others have wood handles. Still use them daily.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now your talking! A sea of hammers. I'm all in!

We should have a contest. :eek:
Who has the most hammers and photo evidence only.
Mallets are a separate category.
Sledges over 4 lbs are not allowed.
Anyone interested? :blink:
First prize is ....:drink::hammer:[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
328 Posts
What's the prize for this contest? Since we can't count sledges, I'll go ahead and state that beyond a four pounder, I have, and they do get used, 6,8,10,12,and 20-doesn't include stone working heavy cutters, just regular sledge hammers. I'm assuming this is just for carpenter hammers, and doesn't include metal working, stone work, or blacksmithing.

·
where's my table saw?
28,590 Posts
probably no prize, just pride

What's the prize for this contest? Since we can't count sledges, I'll go ahead and state that beyond a four pounder, I have, and they do get used, 6,8,10,12,and 20-doesn't include stone working heavy cutters, just regular sledge hammers. I'm assuming this is just for carpenter hammers, and doesn't include metal working, stone work, or blacksmithing.

My idea is that it should include metal working hammers, tin bangers and body hammers, upholstery tackers, crate openers, combo hammer/prybars, any hammer with a metal head, no plastic.
It will be cool to see all the brands, like say Estwing, Plumb, Stanley, Vaughn, etc.....
This is not my thread so feel free to ignore me. :yes: Not wanting to hijack it. BTW that's a beauty, that Dalluge!

Just when I thought I had some hammers.....
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=ytff1-tyc-inbox&va=titanium+hammers

I want this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stiletto-TB...83345403?pt=US_Hand_Tools&hash=item1c37171afb

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a few eastwigs of course, a 3 lb one piece sledge from Home Depot husky brand I love, but most of mine after that is all harbor freight and tool dead blows and hammers of all types from there they are extremely cheap and last for me anyway

1 - 11 of 11 Posts