Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These almost semi-patented thingys are useful only to persons such as myself. Guess what they are and you have my permission to make a few of your own. And your Mom and Dad/G'parents.

Jimmy

·
Log dog
7,933 Posts
It's one of those mortar and pestle thingamajigger whatchamacallits. Laughing!!!!!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I don't know but hide them from the wife :laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Reactions: Steve Neul

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1-1/2 right guesses so far

Perhaps I should have described them better. They are about 3 feet tall and 6" diameter at the bottom. (Damn big honey dippers). Very un-wieldly for a war club. No bowl for a pipe. (Surely you could kill a gopher with it.) I never thought about it, but could probably stir my mash with them. I made 1 in the shape and appearance of a butter churn, complete with metal bands around the "barrel". Lady up the street thought they were toilet paper holders so she bought it for that purpose. So I guess sawdustfactory is 1/2 right. The bottoms are hollowed out as much as I could get them. Filled with sand (4-5 lbs) and non-slip rubber on the bottom. Used by folks like me that can't bend well.
bgettel got the first right answer.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Since they were useful to a guy like you (durdyolman), I was thinking they were...

...I better not. This is a family forum :D

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Photograph Fashion Dress Vintage clothing Room

Ring toss targets, what's my prize?

:)

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
C'mon Jimmy,

Is I correct? Game over? Game on?

·
Maker of sawdust
460 Posts
It's for people stiff in the knees and can't bend down to push in the door stop. So bring the stop to you with a heavy easy to reach stop. I know my knees go Snap, Crackle, and Pop when I bend them.

Jerry

1 - 20 of 27 Posts