Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:smile: Hello,

I was able to purchase a New" Grizzly G0505 12-1/2" Planer on e-bay direct from Grizzly for $219.

I don't plan on doing woodworking except for a hobbie. I know there are many more expensive, larger, better planers. Does anyone have experience with this model ? Thanks

Joe

Features:
  • Maximum cutting width: 12-1/2"
  • Maximum cutting height: 6"
  • Maximum depth of cut: 3/32"
  • Minimum board thickness: 13/64"
  • Two double edged HSS knives in cutterhead
  • Cutterhead RPM: 10,000
  • Feed Rate: 32 FPM
  • Number of cuts per inch: 52
  • 2 HP, 110V, 15 Amps
  • On/Off Toggle Switch with Safety Lock
  • Thermal overload protection
  • Top mounted return rollers
  • Includes knife setting jig and wrench

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have it and it works well, for a hobby use. Get some earplugs because it's loud.

I've had it less than a year and I need to upgrade. Most of my projects are cherry, ash and oak and I've used the one set of double sided blades(both sides). It's not very fast and you can't cut much off. The snipe is pretty bad so I always add 4" to whatever I'm planing. I have the dust collector attachment for mine which works well too.
Feel free to ask me any questions.

·
Woodworker and Contractor
97 Posts
Grizzly tools are cheap but they work well you just need to tune them;) . I use their 20" planer, 10" saw, 18" band saw, 2hp dust collector, and drill press:smile: . So you can see I like them and propably save a few thousand with them instead of "big name brands" :yes: They ussualy rate well in magazine tests too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts