Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my G0715P about a year ago. In fact I just got my paperwork out and it shipped 2-24-11. I have been a huge fan of this saw and have reccomended it numerous times.

The other day while cutting up some 4/4 maple I was getting some burning. I thought no big deal. I havnt messed with the adjustments for a year so maybe it moved a little, I'll take care of it later. I went down today to take some measurements and with the blade all the way up, the alignment is perfect. .001 out from front to back. I then lowered the blade because I read of problems with alignment changing as the blade gets lowered and was surprised to see it jumped out of alignment as much as .023. I cant for the life of me figure out why this thing has been next to perfect for a year and now out of no where aquires a problem that many others have had.

I called Grizzly customer service today and they said I needed to call back tomorrow and talk to thier tech department. My fear is nothing is going to get done about this because technically my warranty expired last week. I'm really bummed. I have loved this saw up untill this point and with a new baby on the way, I really cant afford to replace it.

Just ranting and giving a heads up since I have been a huge advocate for this saw here on WWT.

·
where's my table saw?
31,297 Posts
Wait and see what they say

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f24/grizzly-tech-support-customer-service-31221/

Based on the above thread this is an issue where things go south with the same issue and they were offered a new G0690 saw.
This issue was on some early saws .. if I recall. See what they offer.... then if you are not not satisfied, make them aware that you know about the problem and would like some "consideration" and mention it is widely known on WWT which can't be good for sales or public relations if nothing is done. Don't bite the hand that may feed you, as they are always held in high regard for their customer service. Make that known as well. Smooth them over with compliments at first but use the "hammer" if necessary... ;) bill

Reactions: vinnypatternmaker

·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips. I'm not looking to capatalize on an upgraded saw. I love this saw and would be completely happy with it if they can just correct the problem or replace it if necissary. Now if they offered an upgrade, I cant say I would refuse it, lol. I definately cant afford to pay the difference on an upgraded model though. I'm just really bummed right now. I guess I shouldnt be though untill I talk with a tech rep tomorrow and see what they say.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Grizzly seems to be excellent with standing behind there product. im sure just being a week out of warranty and this being known as a common problem with that rig they will do there best to make things right. It's very bad repeat business not too, and it seems to me once most grizzly owners get one machine, they tend to buy additional from them down the road.
I been there before with a deffective saw, speaking to the right person helps tremendously.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
You might try making some adjustments with the blade height closer to where it's normally set for cutting (mid-height), as opposed to when it's fully raised. It may help keep the alignment closer for the bulk of your cuts.

·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Knotscott, if for some reason Grizzly cant or wont fix this problem for me, I guess that will be the best solution.

I just got of the phone with a tech guy from Grizzly. He did admit thats its a known problem in the earlier saws of this model but it has been addressed and the new ones dont have that issue. I expected them to just offer to exchange it but they didnt. They still may I guess. He said they are going to research it and call me back in 24 to 48 hours. I dunno what they are researching since its a known problem but I guess I'll find out in the next day or so.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Knotscott, if for some reason Grizzly cant or wont fix this problem for me, I guess that will be the best solution.

I just got of the phone with a tech guy from Grizzly. He did admit thats its a known problem in the earlier saws of this model but it has been addressed and the new ones dont have that issue. I expected them to just offer to exchange it but they didnt. They still may I guess. He said they are going to research it and call me back in 24 to 48 hours. I dunno what they are researching since its a known problem but I guess I'll find out in the next day or so.
Guess they want to confirm that it's a known issue first! :laughing: Maybe....just maybe they're discussing options, but you'd think they'd have a standard path forward if they've done it a few times. :no:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Guess they want to confirm that it's a known issue first! :laughing: Maybe....just maybe they're discussing options, but you'd think they'd have a standard path forward if they've done it a few times. :no:
They may have a standard procedure for this BUT they may be dealing with this for the first time outside the warranty period. Add to this it is so close to the warranty period ending it very well could be a first for them.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
They may have a standard procedure for this BUT they may be dealing with this for the first time outside the warranty period. Add to this it is so close to the warranty period ending it very well could be a first for them.
Excellent point! :thumbsup: It'd be mighty nice of them to cover it, since it's been defective from the get go and they know it.

·
where's my table saw?
31,297 Posts
Yep

That's why I suggested "walk softly but carry a big stick" kinda... and see what they offer. There will be an outcry from WWT if they won't honor the warranty...right? :blink::yes: bill

·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's why I suggested "walk softly but carry a big stick" kinda... and see what they offer. There will be an outcry from WWT if they won't honor the warranty...right? :blink::yes: bill
Well, there will definately be a huge outcry from me, even though I am a few days past my warranty period. I have been a huge advocate for Grizzly products since buying this saw and plan to replace many of my larger tools with Grizzly products as they need to be replaced or upgraded or as my budget allows. I have also steered several members toward Grizzly products and just as many toward this particular saw. Basically, I have been a pretty effective non payed saleperson for Grizzly for the last year. Now I'm ready to collect payment!!! lol. No really, I just want this problem fixed. If this problem has been corrected in this model, I just want an exchange for one that works the way its suppose to. Hopefully they dont change my opinion of thier company or thier products!

·
Registered
230 Posts
They maybe waiting to check to see when your saw was made, maybe made durning the time that was a problem, or was it made after they have corrected the problem. I don't think they will do you wrong, good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
56 Posts
BassBlaster.....Dude, sorry to hear of your troubles with the saw. Hang in there and hopefully a bit of persistence will pay off for you. I had to pay the difference when Grizzly offered the upgrade to the 690, but it was money well spent. Everyone here recommended a cabinet saw when I first asked but I tried to save a few bucks. Grizzly customer support was willing to listen, but it was Scott, one of their upper techies I think, who really wanted to go the extra mile and resolve the problem. I called to personally thank him after this was all done but they said he had moved on and was no longer there. At any rate...they took care of me and I hope it all works out in your favor.

·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BassBlaster.....Dude, sorry to hear of your troubles with the saw. Hang in there and hopefully a bit of persistence will pay off for you. I had to pay the difference when Grizzly offered the upgrade to the 690, but it was money well spent. Everyone here recommended a cabinet saw when I first asked but I tried to save a few bucks. Grizzly customer support was willing to listen, but it was Scott, one of their upper techies I think, who really wanted to go the extra mile and resolve the problem. I called to personally thank him after this was all done but they said he had moved on and was no longer there. At any rate...they took care of me and I hope it all works out in your favor.
Thanks, I'm still waiting to hear something. I called Mon and they said it has been handed to a supervisor to deal with and that person wasnt in that day. I did learn something quite interesting though. The guy I talked to mentioned this thread. Apparently, Grizzly watches woodworking forums or something, I dunno. Maybe thats what the research was about. Maybe, one of our members is a Grizzly employee and never told us?

Reactions: gideon

·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, they called today. They said the best solution they can offer is I can ship the saw back to them and they will try to fix it. Not so sure I'm very happy with that decision. I'm going to be without a saw for who knows how long.

·
Banned
6,836 Posts
Man that kind of sucks. I have always known them to have very good customer support and relations. I really thought they would have helped you out more then that.

Maybe it will be fixed sooner then what you think.

·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Probably not because I'm not sending it back. I'm not dragging this thing back out of my basement, it was a nightmare getting it down there, building a crate and worrying about it getting crushed in transit and being with out a saw in the meantime in hopes that it might actually get fixed. I was really hoping for a direct exchange. It would be worth the trouble then. To be honest, I dont know how paying shipping two directions, paying for parts and paying a tech to do the work is cheaper for them than just replacing the saw? Maybe I'll change my mind, I dunno. They said I have 30 days till my return info isnt valid anymore.

·
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.