Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they the same?
Any difference between the two?
Have been looking at a oscillating spindle sander.
Just by pictures they look the same.
Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Are they the same?

in all probability, yes.

Any difference between the two?

probably not.

Have been looking at a oscillating spindle sander.
Just by pictures they look the same.
Just wondering.
shop fox is the grizzly line of tools sold through a dealer network. primary difference, at least on TSs i've looked at, is that the shop fox units carry a 2 year warranty while the griz units carry a one year warranty.

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
shop fox is the grizzly line of tools sold through a dealer network. primary difference, at least on TSs i've looked at, is that the shop fox units carry a 2 year warranty while the griz units carry a one year warranty.
And the color of the paint.

·
Registered
219 Posts
There are some differences depending on what you are looking for. I wanted an enclosed bottom 14 inch bandsaw with cast iron wheels. The Grizzly model is the GO555X and is $924 shipped, or the even more expensive GO457. I got the Shop Fox W1706 instead, it has a little smaller motor, at 1 hp and no light but it was only $650 to my door and should meet all my needs.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
They're owned by the same guy. Similarities are somewhat random. Some items are nearly identical, some are unique to each line. When price is close and the items are comparable, SF offers potential dealer support and longer warranty.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Croaker,

Like retfr8flyr,http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/members/retfr8flyr-43597/ I got a Shop Fox 1706 band saw. It had different features and a different appearance than the similar Grizzly units. I've since found that some of the parts (blade guides) have the same part numbers so I assume they share some common parts.

There are other Griz/Shop Fox tools that are just plain identical. Depending what you are looking at, it might be a tool that's made by someone else entirely.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts