Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale is a G 1019 bandsaw. Made in 1995 in Taiwan. The machine is super clean, the only rust is on the rip fence rail because the cheap black paint wore off at some point. Bought it used on CL for 200 bucks.

I bought a new one, and I'm too inexperienced with bandsaws to be able to troubleshoot this one and dial it in. The motor purrs like its brand new, and like I said the machines very clean. The top aluminum wheel has a bit of a wobble, and I can't for the life of me get the blade to track true. If you know about these things and can tune it up, it would be a great saw.

Included is the 6" riser block kit, 2 brand new 3/4" 3tpi resaw blades, a 1/4" 6tpi raker, and 2 brand new back up bearings. (Blades are for with riser block installed.) Also has 2 new tires.

This would have to be a pickup, or I'd meet you half way within reason (50-60 miles or so).

image-1402806860.jpg

image-240004830.jpg

image-937707933.jpg

image-2046958449.jpg

Edit: Im located in northeast PA, by the way.

·
where's my table saw?
28,556 Posts
question

Is it the aluminum wheel itself that wobbles,...unlikely, or is it the rubber tire on that appears to meander back and forth. It may not be an issue if that's the case, just lift it off and reseat it on the rim concentrically.
Bandsaws are one of my favorite power tools and I love having more than one. You can set this on up with a narrow blade for cutting tight radius curves or what ever you need. It's certainly a great deal at $150.00, but if it were me I would hang on to it. :yes:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unlikely I know, but all other possibilities have been eliminated. It's not the tire, it has brand new polyurethane tires that are tight as a drum. It's not the bearings. It's not the shaft, and its not the tracking adjustment mechanism. As far as I can tell, anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts