Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Galoot & Ephemerist
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhat belatedly I see there is a formal introduction section! How pleasant. Usually I'll live over at hand tools, but I guess my interests cross lines quite a bit. I heard about this forum over at woodcentral and at the Oldtools list, so after lurking for a while, I figured on saying hello. Seems like a good bunch of people here so I'll drop in now and again.

Best
Gary

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I'll drop in now and again.

Best
Gary
Don't be a stranger, drop in again soon. You may like us more than those other places you mentioned :glare: . I could talk handtools...till you and everyone else gets sick of it :laughing:.

·
Galoot & Ephemerist
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll take your bet Daren

Lessee.... it's been about thirty years of old tools, so your bet is taken. We'll see who drops to the floor first!

Best
Gary

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
. I could talk handtools...till you and everyone else gets sick of it .
Ok, I took some time to check out your sites...I can see you will not back down ;), you have the ammunition (and I have them bookmarked). I look very forward to more from you, do not let the lack of initial enthusiasm for fine old tools distress you. It is my habit (bad?) to goad new members into conversation, sometimes with a challenge. I concede, maybe not being able to outdo you in your knowledge of old tools...but I still challenge you to convert some of our other members to pick up a hand tool and see just how good it feels.
There, a more proper welcome Gary.

·
Galoot & Ephemerist
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I took some time to check out your sites...I can see you will not back down ;)....but I still challenge you to convert some of our other members to pick up a hand tool and see just how good it feels.
There, a more proper welcome Gary.
Daren

Ahh... more users of tailed daemons to convert! Well, if they visit my site or blog, they'll be hard pressed to find anything that has carbon brushes or three prong plugs. While steam and horse power may not be the most efficient means to an end, hand power is still great. I'll do my best to convert the throngs. If it was good for the Dominys, its good enough for me.

Best
Gary

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
they'll be hard pressed to find anything that three prong plugs.
:eek:, are you trying to tell me fine furniture was made before electricity ? Inconceivable.
Your Dominy family reference makes me think of a hilarious (I find some of his shows comical, sorry) Norm Abrams episode where he "reproduces" one of their clocks...with a a whole slew of power tools, and a battery clock works-no pendulum. Nice try :thumbdown:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts