Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Chuck Stromme from Cottage Grove, OR. I do some wood turning and a little flat work but I'm not skilled at either. Mostly, I'm a turner if anything. I have a small, messy shop in one bay of our garage.

I retired from the US government in 2001 and I've done some international consulting work since then. I think I'm retired for good now. I'm a 1st Cav combat veteran.

My other hobbies include gardening, collecting Russian militaria, metal detecting and reading.

I'm looking forward to hanging out here and meeting some new friends.

·
crosseyed & dyslexic
589 Posts
Hi Chuck! Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your service mister. So why is your shop messy? Did someone steal your broom, shop vac broken?
I'm just kidding, really. There's lot's to learn and some great guys to learn from, enjoy your stay.
Eric

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thank you for the kind welcomes, gentlemen. I think I'm going to like it here and I hope to contribute something from time to time.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Chuck

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Welcome to home away from home! Your sure to enjoy it here. And if you're not learning anything, you're not tying :)

My biggest advice would learn how to use the Search function. That has helped me. There is a ton of info here, but don't be afraid to ask if you can't find what you are looking for. Lots of very smart and helpful folks here.

Mark

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts