Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
WHWoodworking
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum but not to woodworking. I started ww'ing in the mid 80's as a hobby but it's evolved into part time income and at one time, a full time business. Right now, it supplements my income fairly well. My wood shop is in my 44x84 pole barn and occupies up to 1/2 the square footage, depending on the size of project I have going. The barn's not heated so getting out there in the winter takes some extra motivation.

My website is www.willhathawaywoodworking.com. Be sure to put in the www or it goes to godaddy. Haven't had/taken the time to fix that.

Even though I've been a woodworker half my life, I still learn new things, either from accepting a challenging project and making myself figure it out, or from reading forums, blogs, and watching videos & ww'ing shows. Ww'ing is a constant learning process. If you are doing it right, you quit learning when you lay down for that long dirt nap.

Before my dad's generation, there were 5 generations of carpenters in my family. My sis has a picture of my great grandfather and his 5 sons inside a large church they were building in the early 1900's in Winfield, KS. Even my dad got into ww'ing as a hobby. He had a unique style and his finish work was a bit rustic but he made a lot of things in his later years. The only thing I have is a case he made for an old mandolin. The case weighs about 20 times as much as the mandolin but it does the job.

I'm glad to have found this forum and look forward to learning and contributing. Thanks

·
where's my table saw?
27,730 Posts
I love Idaho....potatos

I could live on them with a little cheddar cheese, scallions, sour cream and bacon bits....... :yes: Maybe a sirloin on the side and some Jack D.

How the heck do you "motivate" in a cold barn? All the tools must seize up from the cold. I couldn't do it myself. :no: I don't even like 50 degrees. Any way welcome to Ya!:thumbsup: bill

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Welcome from Texas !!!

Welcome to the forum.

·
Log dog
7,935 Posts
Welcome to forum. Get some heat. I just installed heater so I'll be warm. Can produce if your cold. Besides I wouldn't have a place to hide from the wife lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts