Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for a bit and soaking up all the knowledge, just thought it might be time to say hello, and thanks for this great board!

Though my life experience over the last four decades has exposed me to some serious woodworking and furniture refinishing/antique restoration (my dad), I'm simply a Noob with a capital "N".

I'm finding my efforts/experiments to date to be an excellent antidote for my current career of "pushing paper", and I'm hoping that woodworking will keep me occupied for years to come.

I'll probably have a few questions for everyone over the next few weeks, I hope you folks will tolerate and help when you can... I'll certainly chime in when I think I've got something relevant to say.

Best regards!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Former Michigander here - what a dumb nickname "Michigander" is!

Born in Monroe, then Detroit, finally Lansing. There's a great place to get quality lumber in SW Michigan -

http://www.hickoryandoak.com./

Besides great prices, Steve is quality conscious too. He air dries lumer first then carefully kiln dries it. His cherry and walnut lose absolutely no color. Everything is well cut too.

He's a small operation so it's best to call first to make sure he'll be at his house and not out felling trees, etc.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
Welcome Buffalo Bill. Not to be outdone by Daren, my partner-in-useless-things-to-say, I have over twice as many posts as him but probably half as many useful comments. :blink:

So join right in. The only thing irrelvant comment is the one you keep to yourself. :icon_smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts